This depends a lot on the route and the characteristics of the stage, but the organisation of the TITAN DESERT has planned that there won’t be more than 40km without a water point.
They will be indicated in the roadbook with the letters AV followed by a number (e.g., AV1, AV2, etc.)
Whether you have hired the charter flight or if you prepare to travel to Morocco on your own your bike must travel to Titan Desert in the organization trucks.
The price of sending the bicycle from Barcelona to Morocco is included in the registration. All participants must submit the bike to RPM warehouse in the weeks before the Titan Desert, whether flying to Morocco with the organization flight or if they do it on their own.
In March we will give more details of this service but we advance some details:
- STEP 1: contact the organization to request the box for the bike.
- STEP 2: The organization will send a box, carriage which shall forward the participant (assuming the cost of this mailing) to RPM warehouse in the dates announced in March.
Most of the participants traveling to the TITAN DESERT not need to obtain a visa to enter the country.
- Spanish citizens:
Spanish citizens can enter Morocco without a visa. Just need a passport with a minimum validity of six months after the race.
- Other countries do not require visas:
As the Spanish citizens, nationals of the following countries can enter Morocco without a visa:
Andorra, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Cyprus, Congo, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Denmark, United Arab Emirates, Slovakia, Slovenia , United States, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Nigeria , New Guinea, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, the Netherlands, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Romania, Senegal, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey and Venezuela.
- Other countries:
The best option for citizens of other countries is to ask the Moroccan embassy in their country. You can also find information on the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Morocco:
• Website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The organisation will take charge of this each day with a lorry. During the Marathon stage participants must clearly understand that they will not have access to their belongings and will have to limit themselves to what they can carry themselves.
The transportation in the trucks is limited to one bag per participant to travel in their respective truck (According race number)
Many of the areas where the camps are located have telephone coverage and are located near towns. Even so, there may be some areas or camps where there is no mobile coverage.
The organization offers charter planes to participants with departure from Barcelona and Madrid (http://www.titandesert.es/en/vuelos_2013/) however, if you travel on your own you can do it in the following ways:
- The nearest airport to the start and finish area of the race is Ouarzazate airport which has regular flights from Casablanca . It is located 110km far from the meeting point and the start of the race. It´s also 300km from Erfoud, the end of the race.
- Errachidia Airport has no currently regular flights.
- Marrakech Airport is 315km far from the start point, and is 510km far from the finish of the race. - Fez airport is 500km from the start point and 410km from the end.
If you choose to travel by plane with by your own we can arrange the transfer from the airport to the starting point and from the finish (contact the organization).
Another option is to travel with your own car to the starting point of the race, in this case you must consider the following:
- You must manage customs formalities (ATA).
- The start and end of the race will not be in the same place (they are about 250km away).
- The organization can’t be responsible for the vehicles, whether they are in the starting point, as if they want to wait in the finish. Also any car is accepted in the race route during the race.
In any case, participants arriving by their own to the starting point the days before the race, can not stay in the same hotel as the organization and should manage their accommodation in other hotels.
They must be presented in the meeting point on 27 April from 10:00am.
The organization does not offer assistance support (mechanical or physiotherapy) to participants.
Professional companies external to the organization offering such services to the participants of the race in the camps (except in the marathon stage). On the website of the TITAN DESERT you will find a list of companies that offer this service for the 2013 edition of the race.
You can hire the service directly to them: http://www.titandesert.es/en/asistencias/
Since this is a race where it is very likely that you will have to walk as well as pedal, it is important that your shoes don’t hurt you feet. They should be broken in before the race.
It is also important to change your jersey and shorts each day or, if this is not possible, to carefully remove any sand, since sand can cause sores.