The Titans forever in history
- Josep Betalú, unbeatable; Anna Ramírez triples up
- Sylvain Chavanel takes a stage
- The Garmin Titan Desert returns in 2020 from 19 to 24 April
- Registration opens on 6 May at noon
A great conclusion to the Garmin Titan Desert 2019. In the end of a week full of twists and turns, the Titans, clearly up to the challenge of the event, sublimated one last time, to finish their adventure in style. Triumphant for the fourth consecutive time, Josep Betalú enters the pantheon of the race which will return for a 15th edition in April 2020.
The Garmin Titan Desert begins under the best auspices
- An already historic edition with 675 riders at the start
- Numerous public figures and sport celebrities have come to the Garmin Titan Desert
- The elite were all in it: Josep Betalù by a nose
The elite wasted no time in getting the merciless battle underway on the 109 kms stage 1, featuring 800 m of positive elevation gain. But it was not without difficulty. A dozen riders pushed by a light breeze were able to pull away to take on the first 40 kilometres of dunes in the Erg Chebbi. The battle for the lead continued as the race past through the Tissardmine oasis before the winner of the 2018 Garmin Titan Desert, Josep Betalù (Viorcam-KH7-Pasion MX), won the stage in 3h54:30, just ahead of Marek Rauchfuss (Škoda WeloveCycling – Kross Bikeranc), and Pau Salvà (TAMAYO TEAM 1).
The Titan is taking shape with just three days to go. Even better, it is revealing its ingredients. The 675 participants from 21 countries will play a major part in the success of the event, but they will not be the only heroes in action. The organisers, determined to guarantee an enjoyable and safe competition, have assembled a crack team. All in all, 213 local agents will be dispatched together with 86 mechanics, 17 doctors and 2 ambulances. Mountain bikers will be able to sleep easy. No expense was spared in logistics either: 3 aeroplanes will be used to take participants to the race. A helicopter will soar above the event to make sure everything goes smoothly, while 62 SUVs, 26 lorries, 12 vans and 4 chartered buses will make it easier for staff to ship material as efficiently as possible. In a real fight against the clock, this fleet will allow event teams to assemble the 24,000 m² bivouac in record time every evening. Finally, refreshments are on a par with everything else. Almost 20,900 meals and 63,000 litres of water will be handed out during the event to help competitors regain their strength.
Towards a historic Titan
- Record number of entries - 675 riders at the start
- 21 nationalities represented, confirming the internationalisation of the event
- The Garmin Titan Desert goes further: an innovative and attractive format for all
The Garmin Titan Desert 2019, the promise of an XXL adventure
- The desert and navigation will play a determining role and make this edition more exciting than ever before.
- With an international and record participation: in addition to the competition, the Garmin Titan Desert is an extraordinary human adventure that has already received entries from 17 nationalities.
- Former professional cyclists, Sylvain Chavanel and Purito Rodríguez will take part in the Garmin Titan Desert.
- Škoda has been officially designated as a Premium Sponsor. This collaboration is accompanied by a dedicated race segment, the Škoda Challenge attaining 14% of elevation change.
The Garmin Titan Desert 2019 is chock full of innovations
- Garmin: title sponsor of the Titan Desert for 3 years
- The 2019 Garmin Titan Desert has unveiled its new graphic identity
- The only MTB race through the desert with navigation
- 7 days, 7 nights, 600 kilometres and 5,000 metres of gradient
- Starting in Merzouga and finishing in Madrid
- Registration on time to has opened
The Garmin Titan Desert at record pace
- The Garmin Titan Desert 2019 reaches 200 participants in less than 2 weeks, after the registrations opened on October 4th at 10pm.
- The enrollment has increased by 15% in comparison to the same period in 2018. In 2018 we reached the record number of participants with 612 titans.
- Only 200 race bibs left before the rate changes from 2.095€ to 2.295€.
Gobik will dress the participants of the Garmin Titan Desert
- Gobik will supply jerseys to all participants as well as the male and female leader's jersey