Bicycles are transported by truck a few days before the race. Bicycles will be picked up in Barcelona and loaded onto trucks for shipping.
Riders travelling to Morocco on their own with their bicycles are not included.
Participants can get an "official box" from the organization free of charge to ensure that each bicycle takes up the same space, speed up loading and protect the bicycles.
These boxes are made of cardboard and measure 160 × 90 × 22 cm. The maximum weight of the boxes with the bicycles in them is 20 kg.
You can pack other elements along with the bicycle as long as the box stays under the maximum weight. The organization will weigh the boxes before loading them into the transport trucks. If the maximum weight is exceeded, the organization reserves the right to remove contents in order to reduce weight until the maximum allowed weight is reached.
To coordinate the collection of bicycles to Barcelona, the organization will ask participants to fill in the section on bicycle transportation (on a form) indicating their preferences.
When participants reach Morocco on verification day, they will have to pick up their bicycles (as delivered in the boxes) from the designated collection point. No material should be left inside the boxes because different boxes will be delivered at the end of the race.
DELIVERY OF BICYCLES BEFORE THE RACE
There are four options available for shipping the bicycles to Morocco. Participants are required to indicate their preference on the form:
Option 1: bringing the bicycle in person
Option 2: delivery using paid assistance (check with the shop)
Option 3: national and international shipping by the organisation's courier
Option 4: shipping with the rider's own courier (get in touch with the organisation to manage delivery of the official box)
COLLECTION OF BICYCLES AT THE END OF THE RACE
Bicycles will be collected at the end of the race and returned to the organisation's trucks. Participants must pack and hand over their bicycles between their arrival at the finish and 6:30 pm.
Once the bicycles have arrived in Barcelona, participants have 4 options for pick-up at the warehouse:
Option 1: collection in person at the warehouse
Option 2: collection using paid assistance (check with the shop)
Option 3: national or international shipping by the organization's courier
Option 4: the rider's own Courier
We highly recommend bringing a cycling jersey and a a bib shorts for each stage, as well as a light windbreaker.
During the rest of the day you will wear comfortable clothes. With the change of dates it is recommended to bring warm clothes for the camp.
From our experience in past years you might take with you something a bit warmer also for the night. Don’t forget a swimsuit for the hotels and some of the camps.
The organization will take charge of this each day with a lorry. During the Marathon stage participants must clearly understand that they will not have access to their belongings and will have to limit to what they can carry themselves.
The transportation in the trucks is limited to one bag per participant to travel in their respective truck (According race number).
- Each participant can check in one piece of luggage on the charter flights, with a maximum weight of 20 kg (paying for more weight is not an option). One piece of cabin luggage is allowed as long as it is within the usual size allowances and does not exceed 5 kg. Upon arrival to Morocco, the luggage should be unified into one suitcase with a maximum weight of 25 kg, which will be transported from camp to camp (extra bags or backpacks cannot be loaded or tied to the luggage; only one piece of luggage per person is allowed).
- Luggage must be properly identified with the participant's name and race number. The organization will provide a card with the race number and a tag to identify each piece of luggage.
- Luggage is transported on local trucks, placing one piece on top of the other and on a route different from the race course. Luggage should be abrasion-resistant and flexible to avoid breakage. We also recommend using combination locks whenever luggage is left unattended (either during the journey or within the haima).
- The organization will not be held liable for any damage to the luggage or its contents.
- Delivery of luggage for loading is done every morning in a designated part of the camp. Participants are responsible for ensuring that their luggage has been loaded onto the truck. This will take place from 6:30 to 7:30 am.
- Luggage pick-up will take place at the designated place. Luggage will be placed on a plastic mat on the floor and remain exposed to the sun until the participants pick it up.
- No luggage will be delivered to the participants during the marathon stage. It will be available at the finish on the second day.
- The organisation offers the possibility of hiring a transportation box if you expect to be travelling with excess luggage. These boxes cost €300 apiece and will be transported on assistance trucks.
- Each participant must have the material needed for the race. It is your responsibility to have everything you need. Here are a few tips:
- A clean change of clothes (jersey, shorts, socks, etc.) for each day, packed in freezer bags or similar to keep it clean until use.
- Bars, gels, salts and other energy and recovery products. These products will not be for sale in Morocco.
- Tool kit and spare parts for the bicycle.
- Maximum-protection sunscreen.
- Sunglasses (including a spare pair). Goggles in case a sandstorm occurs.
- Vaseline or other lubricants to protect the skin in high-friction areas.
- Personal medical kit with ibuprofen, paracetamol, diarrhoea pills, oral rehydration solution, topical antiseptic, dressings and gauze.
- Chargers for electronic devices (with adaptors if necessary).Power points at the camps will be limited to USB CONNECTIONS.
- Headlight for nights at the camps.
- Combination lock for luggage. Luggage should be locked whenever it is left unattended. Valuables should be kept with you, both during transfers and when leaving the haima.
- Warm clothes for the nights. Temperatures can range between 10 °C at night and 45 °C during the day. The first camp will be located at 1,600 meters above sea level and the nights can get very cold. It can even snow.
MATERIAL NOT ALLOWED OR NOT RECOMMENDED:
LAPTOP: The personal material of each participant will travel with the luggage, i.e. in the luggage trucks where the suitcases are piled on top of each other and are exposed to the sun in the camps until the participant reaches the finish. As a result, we do not recommend travelling with a laptop.
DRONES: Due to the strict laws governing the use of drones in Morocco, use of these devices during the race is forbidden. The organization of the Titan Desert will under no circumstances allow riders to use drones in the camps or during the stages.
The organization of the race will not be held liable for any action taken by police or customs authorities against riders who use drones during the event.
Many of the areas where the camps are located have telephone coverage and are located near towns. Even so, there may be some areas or camps where there is no mobile coverage.
The organization does not offer assistance support (mechanical or physiotherapy) to participants.
Professional companies, external to the organization, offering such services to the participants of the race in the camps (except in the marathon stage). On the website of the Garmin Titan Desert you will find shortly a list of companies that offer this service.
Electric current (220 V at 50 Hz) and outlets are the same in Morocco as in Spain (continental Europe). Participants from outside Spain may require adaptors.
Each camp will have an area for charging electronic devices. The area will be supervised by organisation staff. Even so, the organisation cannot guarantee the full charge of the devices because it is dependent on a power generator. We therefore continue to recommend the use of batteries for GPS devices, cameras and other devices.
IMPORTANT! The camp charging service will be based on USB connections.
The generator is shut down at night to prevent nuisances. Please remove all electronic devices before 10 pm, when the service is closed and left unsupervised. Any remaining devices will be removed and can be retrieved from the Participant Service from 6 am next day.
REGULATIONS / PERMITTED DEVICES:
Devices must be marked with the race number (sticker provided during the checks) and will only be returned to the participant whose race number matches the device to avoid misunderstandings.
Each participant may charge one device at a time or use one charge point at a time.
The following order of priority will apply: GPS devices, telephones, watches, external batteries, cameras, tablets and laptops.
The organization includes in the registration all meals in camp (breakfast, lunch and dinner). However, you can complete your luggage with some cheese, sausages, etc ... or specific food for your diet.
Also consider that the refreshment during the stages are only liquid so the whole supplementary feeding like sticks or gels you must bring it from home.
Yes, it is allowed to wash clothes in the bathrooms. We advise all participants to wear clean clothes in each stage, it better prevents formation of sores.
We remind you that water is a limited resource and that is transported from wells that are several kilometers from the camp.